When it comes to empowering your commercial property management teams, one essential tool can help them streamline day-to-day services and communications: a property management website.
There are a few different ways to create such a website; one avenue includes coding a website entirely from scratch or by utilizing property management WordPress themes. The latter is a popular choice because it is far more cost-effective than hiring a developer to tinker away for months on end.
However, it’s worth noting that it can be challenging to find property management WordPress templates built specifically for commercial real estate. While they are far and few between, there are many WordPress themes catered towards residential properties that can be adapted accordingly. Here’s everything you need to know about building a property management website on WordPress.
Using WordPress to Build a Property Management Website
WordPress has become one of the most popular platforms to build property management websites because of its flexibility and approachable methodology. With no experience in creating a website, you can easily understand the basic requirements; however, when it comes to more elaborate designs and features, you may need an expert’s assistance.
When it comes to building a property management website on WordPress, there are two avenues you can explore. The first involves acquiring the services of a development agency that can create a custom property management website on the WordPress platform. Having an expert’s skill set in building such a website can come in handy, as there can be quite a steep learning curve when it comes to implementing all the high-tech functionalities of WordPress.
A developer in this field has likely previously built a commercial property management website before and can execute it quickly as they would not have to code it from scratch. Rather, adapting existing property management WordPress API they have created and building additional features your commercial property management team may need.
The second option involves selecting and using a prebuilt property management website WordPress theme.
As mentioned previously, there aren’t many specifically created for commercial properties.
Therefore, you would have to choose a residential property management template. Obviously, this will not have all the functionalities you require, so you will have to utilize a handful of property management WordPress plugins. This requires far more effort on your part, spending a significant amount of time to customize the website, searching for coding templates and testing different plugins yourself.
Property Management Website WordPress Plugins
When creating a property management website on WordPress, it’s essential to take advantage of both free and paid plugins that can help build a more impressive, compelling, and functional website. WordPress has a hub filled with a variety of plugins to choose from. It can be a daunting selection process, so here are some of the most important plugins you should consider for your property management website:
- SEO Plugins – All WordPress sites are built with SEO in mind; however, a little extra push never hurts. It is essential to optimize content and improve your website’s visibility on Google. This can help create more searchable URLs, optimize image names, track data and rankings, plus increase traffic to your website. There are many SEO plugins available on WordPress. This is a tool that should be utilized regardless of what website you are creating.
- Social Media Plugins – Social media has become increasingly ubiquitous. It most definitely needs to feature on your property management website. Not only can you then integrate your social feeds onto your website, but your tenants can also have access to social share buttons in order to promote your collaterals within their social circles. Some social plugins even offer email marketing tools, which is a vital way to share property updates.
- Panorama Plugins – Showcasing your property in 3D is an engaging tool that illustrates your commercial property in no uncertain terms. As many WordPress websites don’t have this feature coded into their templates, a plugin is needed. A panorama or 3D image plugin can upload images and videos, making your visuals even more informative.
- Geo-Targeting Plugins – Geo-targeting plugins can help you to market your property based on a prospect’s whereabouts and track visitors based on their locations. This can give you great insight into your business, ensuring your marketing efforts are reaching the right people.
- Testimonial Plugins – Testimonials are a powerful way to build confidence in your services and offerings. This is a crucial tool for establishing social proof and gathering tenant feedback. Many testimonial plugins link to your social media platforms and import reviews from Facebook, Google, Trustpilot and Yelp. Settle on a plugin that includes both text and images. The ability to have video testimonials as well as a star rating are also helpful visual tools.
- Custom Plugins for Property Management Websites – You may find that the SEO plugins available on WordPress do not deliver all the functionalities you need or perhaps don’t exist at all. This can easily be solved by working with a developer who can create custom solutions for your website. For example, suppose you require a custom search filter engine, or you are currently using a plugin for forms and find it can’t be customized to fit your branding exactly. In that case, a developer can tailor a plugin to your exact specifications whilst also helping to integrate it into your WordPress website.