It’s the start of a new decade, and technology is more ubiquitous now than at any other time in human history.
Commercial real estate technology is on the mind of every successful building owner and operator, as they seek to improve efficiencies and gain a competitive advantage.
With so many platforms to choose from (many of which offer similar or overlapping services), we decided to compile the ultimate list of commercial real estate tools and software for building owners, highlighting the must-have platforms that are solving major pain points for landlords today.
Procore helps firms drastically increase project efficiency and accountability by streamlining and mobilizing project communications and documentation. This real time data and accessibility minimizes costly risks and delays—ultimately boosting profits.
Procore’s products include solutions for:
- bid management
- project management
- quality & safety
- design coordination
- field productivity
- project financials
- invoice management
- portfolio financials
- capital planning
- accounting integrations
SharpLaunch is an all-in-one commercial real estate marketing software that helps building owners improve their online presence and take more control of their property marketing efforts.
SharpLaunch’s suite of tools provides solutions to create and manage a powerful digital presence for any property type.
The tools include:
- property website builder
- property search engine
- interactive property maps
- document portal
- lead management
- email marketing
- marketing analytics
VTS is commercial real estate’s leading leasing and asset management platform, bringing together landlords, brokers, and tenants to make deals happen.
VTS software enables office, retail, and industrial landlords and brokers to transform their leasing process and convert leads to leases 41% more efficiently. MarketView™, the industry’s first market benchmarking product gives landlords real-time information to inform deal negotiations and leasing strategies.
VTS’ solution includes products that help:
- centralize portfolio data
- simplify pipeline management
- strengthen tenant relationships
- enhance team collaboration
Building Engines is a cloud-based provider of property management software for operations-minded teams at commercial office, retail, and industrial real estate properties.
The platform seamlessly connects property management teams with the activities, data and insights they need to improve efficiency and make better decisions.
Building Engines platform includes products covering areas like:
- tenant service
- risk management
HqO is a tenant experience platform and provides landlords with a mobile app that connects tenants to the building, its amenities, and each other.
The solution is designed to help landlords increase tenant retention, create a leasing differentiator, provide data to drive asset strategy and elevate portfolio and asset branding.
Juniper Square is trusted by hundreds of investment sponsors to manage more than 14,000 real estate investments.
By using Juniper Square, clients such as Tishman Speyer, Rockpoint, and Beacon Capital improve investor satisfaction, boost fundraising productivity, and save time and money on investment operations.
- client management
- fundraising automation
- partnership accounting
- investor reporting
- investor portal
Founded in 1971, MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative real estate software applications and hosted solutions for multi-family residential and commercial property, retail, office, and corporate real estate.
MRI’s comprehensive and flexible technology platform coupled with an open and connected ecosystem meets the unique needs of real estate businesses—from property-level management and accounting to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets.
Their product suite includes:
- automation in the areas of financial operations, budgeting, forecasting, facility management, general ledger, job costing, reporting, accounts payable
- strategic planning for investment analysis, portfolio analysis, fund and asset modeling
- commercial management, lease accounting, operations, financials, advanced retail and lease work flow
- compliance management for affordable housing, public housing, voucher management, waitlist management, asset management.
Why do you need a CRE tech stack?
- It helps you think holistically about which technologies will best serve your operations.
- You’ll have better data which helps you uncover new insights and make smarter decisions faster than your competition.
- It helps you organize the best technology to support the individual teams and functions across your organization.
- You’ll be able to manage space more efficiently. Leveraging the right technology means a single building manager can provide a better quality of service across every square foot.
- Scale faster and keep your pulse on operations with access to information right when you need it. No need to wait weeks for someone to churn out another outdated spreadsheet.
Not sure where to start? Learn from other landlords and building owners who have already mastered their technology journey in this eBook.